Thursday, February 3, 2011

MawMaw

This is my grandmother (with a very pregnant me)......

She is 94 years old. Is a mother to 4 children. A retired nurse. Vibrant. Made it through the depression. A mother to me. The smartest person I know. A penny pincher. A grandmother. Has routines. Tells it like it is. The person I look up to the most. Helped raise my brothers and I. A fighter. Independent. Has been married twice. Determined. Inspires me. A believer. A widower. Strong-willed. Wise. A soap opera fan. Softer in her old age. An advisor. A great listener. Loves my son like her own. Loves me like her own. A great-grandmother.

I am who I am today, thanks to my grandmother. She has been there for me since the day I came into this world. I plan on being there for her, as she has for me. She is an important part of our family and I cannot imagine my life without her. We love our "MawMaw" more than words can say.

Alisha, Scott and Baylor

No comments:

Post a Comment