Friday, July 8, 2011

Diary of a Potty Training Mom: Day 1

Baylor is 31 months now and not even close to being potty trained. In fact, he only seems to find his training potty as a hiding place for his toys. With Baylor starting preschool at the end of August, I knew I had to atleast start trying to get him interested in using the potty. I know alot of kids, especially boys, are not potty trained until 3 but I don't want to send him to school with other kids that are atleast getting familiar with it. He shows some signs of readiness and then he's lacking with other signs. You can look at signs of readiness here at BabyCenter.com. I hope to document daily how my potty training attempts go with Baylor until we have success. Here goes nothing!





Day 1:


I previously spoke to my friend Lauren about potty training her daughter. She recommended this book:



so I got it from the library pronto and started reading it:




I got a back up book about potty training in case this one didn't seem to fit our needs. I mean, Potty Train Your Kid In One Day?... Really? I knew this was probably not possible but I gave it a shot. I had to bribe Baylor to even come see the potty and then I introduced the two new (hopeful) best friends to one another.



Baylor, this is Potty.... Potty, this is Baylor.


Then I decided to take his diaper off and sit him on the potty so they could become a little more acquainted. Needless to say that didn't last long and he bolted:



Then I had to pull out the "positive reinforcements" to hopefully entice him into using the potty.



I explained to him that once he used the big boy potty, he could wear his big boy underwear. I let him try them on for kicks:





By this time it was time for bed so we called it quits for Day 1. We'll try again tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive in knowing this is going to take longer than a day. I remembered what Lauren told me, "Don't listen to anyone else, do whatever works best for you and Baylor"...



Got it.



End of Day 1 results: Potty 0, Baylor 1.



4 comments:

  1. I wish i could lick the crotch out of his undies while he wears them

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard trying to figure out when is the right time to potty train your child. Most children are usually ready for potty training between the ages of 18 to 24 months. During the whole potty training process, parents should always try to keep their sense of humors about them and keep things upbeat, making potty training a fun time for the child. Susan Nipa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bedwetting diapers are not just for infants and babies, anyone can use them if they need to. Susan.N

    ReplyDelete
  4. During the winter months, or if you live in a particularly cold climate, washing your car can prove to be a difficult task as well being an unpleasant one. Water and shampoo solution can quickly freeze onto the surface of the vehicle, literally making it impossible to wash properly. Not only shampoo, but polish, wax and any other cleaning products can easily be affected by cold weather and not perform properly meaning that every part of the car cleaning process can be adversely affected. Pressure Washing Tampa

    ReplyDelete