Friday, July 1, 2011

Catching Up With Friends

While I was in Alabama for the 4th of July, I got to catch up with 2 of the most wonderful women I know, Elizabeth and Lauren! These girls have been in my life for a long time and though we don't get to see each other or talk often, we seemed to pick up right were we left off. Let me tell you about these two.



Elizabeth and I go way back.... probably even further than this kindergarden picture of us.



I am on the bottom row, far right. Elizabeth is in the middle row, 3rd from the left.




She still lives in our hometown of Spanish Fort. She's a wonderful mother and is an excellent cake creator. The last time I actually saw her is when she made Baylor's 1st smash cake in 2009 and that was only for a few minutes since we were both so rushed. We grew up 5 houses down from one another. We played in the streets together, we went to church together and were in the same class in every other grade until middle school. We hung out in high school, went to parties together and participated in our Senior prank together and our annual Powder puff football game against the Juniors. I have alot of memories with Elizabeth that go back as far as I can remember.

I met Lauren the beginning of my Sophomore year, right after I had moved back to Spanish Fort from living in Florida for a few years. Lauren and I hung out with the same group of friends. We skipped school together, drank and smoked cigarettes together, had sleepovers, snuck out of the house and got in trouble together. We even got caught smoking in the teacher's parking lot our Senior year and got suspended (okay I'm not proud of that). I know it sounds bad but we were typical teenagers but we grew up and turned out alright, I promise! Lauren lives in Tuscaloosa now and this is the 1st time I've seen her since high school! Her husband Paul is from Baton Rouge and they make trips down every now and then. We always talk about getting together when their in but it unfortunately hasn't worked out yet. I hope next time their in we can get our kids together to play or have an adult night out. Lauren too is a great mother and like me, ventures into sewing and crafts for her kids. She blogs about her life and the funny things her kids do over at This and That.



We got together with their husbands up at an old hometown hang out and spent hours catching up on each other and the gossip, oh the gossip! I know I didn't get home any earlier than 3 A.M. and though my little man got me up at 7 A.M., the late night was well worth it. I'm so fortunate to still have great girl friends like this and I am so glad we have kept in touch over the years.





Me, Lauren and Elizabeth






I love you both dearly my friends and hope to see you again soon!




-Alisha




1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I had so much fun seeing y'all! It's great that we can stay connected on the internet but we'll have to hang out in BR or Daphne soon.

    ReplyDelete