Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Brady Bunch est. 2005

We all have a beginning, a middle and an end. Let me tell you how we began:

I grew up in the small town of Spanish Fort, Alabama with my parents and younger brothers (twins). I was your typical southern girl, tomboy, friends with a variety of people, went to public school and grew up Southern Baptist. I graduated high school in 1999 and decided to stay with my roots and went to the local community college. Though my parents and brothers moved away to Tennessee, I wanted to remain close to home because of my elderly grandmother and school. Now Scott grew up very differently than I did. We are from opposite sides of the railroad tracks. Scott grew up in Irvington, Alabama, 30 mins across Mobile Bay from me. Scott was raised Catholic and attended McGill-Toolen Catholic High. After starting college at the University of South Alabama, Scott got into a really bad automobile accident which forced him to drop out. After healing, he enrolled at the same local college I was fixing to attend. That's how we met, our college math and English classes in the year 2000. We dated for several years and we finally got engaged in 2003 and picked up and moved to Orlando after Scott got his first vascular job after graduating college. We lived in Orlando for one year and then got Scott the closest job to Mobile which landed us in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in June 2004. In July 2005, Scott and I tied the knot in Mobile, Alabama during Hurricane Dennis... wow, what a experience! We stayed in Baton Rouge until we bought our first home right outside of BR in June 2006 were we currently reside. I graduated with my Bachelors in Health Service Administration and though I currently don't use my degree (but still paying for it!) I will one day.
Now we begin with the middle: Two months before graduating in March 2008, I found out I was pregnant with our first child. Baylor was born on a cold December 8th day at 5p.m. Coming into this world at 7lbs, 7oz, Baylor was an extraordinary child from the get go and also immediately became my newest addiction. This boy is the love of my life (sorry Scott). Now at 19 months, Baylor is very much a boy and is still my biggest addiction. I work part time so I can be at home with more which is great for both of us. We are a very close knit family seeing we don't have family around to spend time with so we stick together which is great. I am enjoying the beginning of the "middle" part of our life and I look forward to everything that will follow.....And that's how we became "The Brady Bunch"!

No comments:

Post a Comment