Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Brady's In The Making: A Timeline

2000: Scott and I met in our college English class and started hanging with mutual friends. We had a lot of fun together and did everything a typical couple does.





2003: Scott and I get engaged and move to Orlando, Florida where Scott takes his 1st Vascular Job. I maintained by waiting tables at night and working in Activities at a Retirement Community. I also worked as a C.N.A. at nights as well.







This is Scott and I when we lived in Orlando. This is our sweet baby girl Bama that we adopted while we lived there. Scott would get lonely when I worked nights and since we had no one else around we went and got Bama. She is the best dog I (we)have ever had.





2004: Scott and I pick up from Orlando and move to Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
We got an apartment in town right across from the hospital from where Scott
worked. And no, we are not LSU fans! Roll Tide all the way baby!


2005: July 9th, Scott and I say I do at St. Matthew's Catholic Church in Mobile during lovely Hurricane Dennis. We had 60 of our closet friends and family there to celebrate even with all the torrential rain!






2006: Scott and I buy our first home right outside of Baton Rouge in Denham Springs, La.


2008: In March, with only 2 months left of me graduating from college, we were excited to find out we were pregnant with our 1st child! We were nervous as well seeing Baylor wasn't planned but we were still over joyed to have him!


Then in May I graduated with my Bachelor's in Health Service Administration from Our Lady of the Lake College.




My pregnancy progressed well and I really enjoyed it. Every time I felt him kick or move I was giddy knowing that this child made me so happy and he wasn't even born yet. I never knew I could love someone I didn't know so much until I became pregnant. Of course in July we found out we were having a boy! Scott and I had the name Baylor picked out before we even got married so we knew exactly what we were going to name him from the moment we found out he was a boy. My due date was scheduled originally for December 10th 2008.



On December 8th 2008 at 5:05 P.M. my life changed forever. Baylor Scott Brady came into this world weighing 7 lbs 7oz and measuring 18.75 inches long. Baylor is my saving grace.....


2009: Baylor had a lot of 1st this year: 1st Easter, 1st Halloween, 1st B-day and 1st Christmas!




2010: Baylor is well over 1 year old now. We are really enjoying being a family and spend alot of time together. He is running everywhere now and into everything, a typical boy! Unfortunately in February, we lost one of our family members, Bama. It was very sudden and we were all devastated over her loss. I know Baylor was too, Bama was one of his 1st words.


No comments:

Post a Comment