Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Traditions

We have started a new tradition with Baylor... visiting the Pumpkin Patch in Baton Rouge. This started last year when I drove past the patch on the way home from work one day. I thought it would be a great photo opportunity to get some cute shots of Baylor under the beautiful trees with all of the huge and baby sized pumpkins! Last year and this year, before we leave, I let Baylor pick him out a baby pumpkin. Usually, these are the first ones he goes for seeing that they are perfect for hurling across the lot like a baseball. Last year was his 1st Halloween so we bought 1 pumpkin, this year was his 2nd so we bought 2 pumpkins. He had so much fun running around and touching all the pumpkins this year, unlike last year when he was just beginning to pull up on his own. This is one tradition we've started but it seems I have also started another.... last year, I made Baylor's costume for Halloween. I really enjoy making stuff for Baylor, it makes the occasion that more special to me and everyone else. This year we already have a costume for him but I am making his trick or treat bag to match but more on that later :) So hopefully every year I will be able to continue both traditions: the visit to the pumpkin patch and making his Halloween outfit or an item to match.
Baylor October 2010

Baylor and Mommy October 2010

Baylor October 2009
Baylor and Mommy October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment