Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Elf on the Shelf

We traveled home to Alabama for a whole week this Christmas. Baylor's cousin Madison has a special elf that comes to visit her every year before Christmas, to report back to Santa about how good or bad she is being up until Christmas. Baylor stumbled upon Madison's elf one day at nap time and was in love. One night, he had to have the elf to rock with for bed time. When I finally got him asleep, he had such a good grip on the elf, I couldn't pry it out of his hand. Needless to say he went to bed with Baylor and that's where he stayed until he decided to leave to visit Santa for the night:



I have talked to Santa and he told me that Baylor's very own elf will make his first appearance next year. By that time, I think Baylor will have even more of an understanding of Christmas and Santa since he will be turning 3 next year. And I already know Baylor will love having his very own elf!









1 comment:

  1. We did the Elf on the Shelf for the first time this year and Joey loved it. She'll be 3 in February and I think this was the perfect year to start it.

    ReplyDelete